Find out how to fix a burst sole no worse than a shoemaker!
If your shoe has a broken sole, and the warranty period for the goods has already expired, then it is more correct to refer the shoes to an experienced master. In many cases, professional repairs can extend her life from a month to a whole season, and sometimes even more. We already know how to get rid of the smell in shoes - folk remedies that are always at hand, help solve this problem. And how with the help of improvised means to repair shoes with their own hands, we now will tell.
How to repair cracked sole - method number 1
To fix a broken sole at home, you still need to acquire the following materials and tools:
- shoe knife;
- emery cloth;
- degreasing agent;
- quick-drying glue;
- shoe hook and thread.
Is express repair possible in this case? If the repaired shoes without a tread, with a flat sole, it can be repaired with your own hands and put on the same day. This is done like this:
- Sand the surface of the sole with emery cloth, stepping five centimeters from the heel and bend it in such a way so that the crack can open to the maximum. Using a shoe knife, scrape inside the remnants of the factory glue and other dirt, and with the help of acetone or another degreasing agent, be sure to prepare the crack for applying glue and remove all possible grease.
- Next, you need to seal the crack: apply quick-drying glue on its walls and press them together. Whether it is necessary to withstand the glue before gluing a crack, how long to wait for the glue to dry - this depends on the specific glue that you will use, so read the instructions carefully.
- Crack sealed - but to walk in such shoes still can not, otherwise it will disperse again. Therefore, it will have to sew. Pencil do zigzag marks directly across the entire crack.
- Directly on these marks with a shoe knife or a manual mini grinder, we begin to make cuts with a depth of about 2.5 millimeters.
- And now it is necessary to sew the crack with your own hands on these tags, putting the thread straight into the incisions. In the same hollows we hide the knot from the thread. However, the flashing of the sole differs from ordinary sewing and is carried out with the help of a shoe hook.How to sew crochet is shown in the following video:
When flashing, you should not do one stitch, but several. This is necessary, and in order to press the walls of the crack even more tightly, and so that the upper layers of the thread protect the first one from possible damage if it comes into contact with a rough surface, for example, with pebbles, glass, etc.
Ready - the burst sole is eliminated, and shoes can already be worn.The article on the topic: "How to choose men's leather shoes?"
Repair of the cracked sole - method number 2
If your footwear has a sole with a protector, then express repair with your own hands is impossible, because here you have to put an outsole on the sewn crack, which the shoemakers call “prevention”, and work with glue along the entire sole. You will additionally need:
- sweeping material;
- special shoe glue;
- heating device - a powerful hair dryer or electric stove.
The action algorithm is almost the same as in the first method, however, you first need to cut the protector from the broken sole to make it smooth and to facilitate access to the crack.
After that, perform all the same steps from the 1st to the 5th, except that when stitching a crack in this case, one layer of the line will be enough, since additional protection will be pasted on top of it.
- Important: repairing shoes with your own hands with building glue or a universal “Moment” is impossible - these tools are completely non-elastic. The cobblers recommend using Dismacol and Nairit adhesives. They may have other trade names, but their composition does not change, and that is how they are called masters of shoe affairs. The first is more suitable for rubber and polyurethane products, and the second - for leather goods.
We continue to repair:
- Circle the sole of the item being repaired with a pencil over the scriber material and make a pattern. The thickness of this material must be such that it is possible to compensate for the thickness of the tread that you cut from the sole.
- You need a suitable glue to cover the sole and skim the inner side of the outsole. Without sticking, hold it for 15 minutes. Then apply the second layer and wait another 15-20 minutes. Then you need to activate the glue, heating it with a hair dryer or plate to 70-80 degrees.
- While it is still hot, the outsole should be properly pressed against the sole, preferably with the help of some solid object.
That's all, do-it-yourself shoe repair is complete and shoes are saved! But it can be worn only a day after the repair - then the glue will finally mate and dry.The article on the topic: "How to care for shoes at home?"