How to wash any pillow? The most detailed instruction
Summer is the best time for washing the pillows, especially when you have to dry them without the help of a car, in the open air. Therefore, we decided to finally draw up a detailed instruction on how to wash a pillow with any filler - feathers, down, hollofiber, bamboo or padding polyester - and tell which pillows can be washed in the washing machine, and which ones can only be washed by hand. Take note!
How to wash feather pillow or pillow of fluff
Since feather and feather pillows are a favorable environment for reproduction and development of allergenic mites, they do not keep their shape and quickly acquire an unpleasant odor, they are bought less and less. But if all of you are the owner of a feather / down pillow, then you need to prepare yourself for washing, because this is a rather troublesome business - the filler will have to be washed separately.
So, how to wash a feather pillow in a washing machine? The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- From cotton, flannel or cotton fabric we sew a couple of covers that have the same width as the napernik, but twice as long.
- Carefully rip off the pillow, remove the contents from it and distribute them into the prepared fabric covers.
- Next, put the covers in the machine and select the "delicate wash" at 30'C. Pooh when washing can fail - so that this does not happen, put tennis balls in the drum. It is better to use a liquid agent, rather than an ordinary powder, which is worse soluble and penetrates into the fabric, and often leaves stains. It would be great if your machine has rinse and spin modes that you can use.
- Then we wash the feather / down with soap and water in our hands and wash it well again.
- Next, the feather / down should be thoroughly dried on an open surface under the sun, placed in a thin pillowcase and dividing all the lumps formed in the process of washing. It is better to hang the pillow so that air flows from all sides. The process may take several days, so please be patient. We advise to dry the product in this way, even if there is a “drying” mode in the typewriter - the moisture will not go to the end all the same, and then a mold will appear in the pillow.
- A napernik from an old pillow needs to be properly washed separately and dried, then to put dried feathers or fluff into it, evenly distribute and sew, but it is even better to buy or sew a new one.
You can, of course, do it easier and ask for help in a special pillow cleaning service - how it works, see the video:Related article: How to qualitatively wash down jacket at home?
How to wash a pillow from holofiber and sintepon
Most of us have already acquired pillows made of synthetic materials, so it will be more relevant for us to learn how to wash a pad from a synthetic winterizer or holofiber at home.
It is much easier to wash a synthetic pillow, if you have a washing machine.
- It is necessary to load the product into the car, placing additional tennis balls to it so that the filler does not get lost.
- The detergent should be liquid so that it is easier to clean. Do not add bleach!
- Mode, select "Gentle." You can turn on the "Synthetic" mode, if it is available in your car.
- The product from a synthetic winterizer needs to be erased at 40 degrees and not include a spin, so that the filler does not stray.
- If you have a pillow with holofiber, it can be washed at a temperature of 50-70 degrees. Spin allowed.
- After washing, squeeze the pillow with your hands, but do not unscrew. We dry in the open air or in a ventilated place, hanging it vertically. Periodically, the filler can be whipped hands.
If the washing machine is missing, you will have to find out how to wash the plastic pillow with your hands.
- Type in a large basin or bath warm water 60-70 degrees - it still then begins to cool. Dissolve the detergent in it, preferably liquid soap.
- Place a pillow in the water and gently beat her fists, turning in different directions.
- Rinse will have to completely change the water to clean and again beating the pillow fists. Water change several times.
- Drying is no different from washing in a washing machine.
How to wash a bamboo pillow
Gaining popularity in our days and such interesting products as pillows with bamboo filler.
In principle, washing a pillow with bamboo in a washing machine is not much different from the treatment of synthetic fillers - you can wash them in the “Gentle” (“Delicate”) mode and at a temperature of 40'C. But there is an important nuance: such pillows can not be completely squeezed and dried vertically! It is better to just put them on an open horizontal surface in a well-ventilated place.
Like other types of pillows, you can wash a bamboo pillow by hand, however there are a number of limitations here:
- permissible water temperature - up to 30'C;
- detergent - weakly foaming, for example, laundry soap;
- squeezing and twisting the product can not be, just press down to leak moisture, and gently massage;
- dry in a horizontal position.
Washing pillows with other organic filler
Recently popular products with organic fillers such as buckwheat husks, hay, herbs, etc., unfortunately, can not be washed - only a complete replacement of the filler is suitable here.You can only wash the cover from under the filler, temporarily transferring it to a separate dry container, but washing the contents is not allowed. In any case, it should be remembered that such products are short-lived, and their service life is very limited.
See also: How to wash kitchen towels quickly and efficiently?