How to treat intestinal diseases in infants?
The essence of the disease and its symptoms
For the first time the term “dysbacteriosis” was introduced into practice in 1916 - at the suggestion of the German doctor A. Nisle. The use of such a formulation is somewhat limited. Intestinal dysbiosis - rather the terminology of Russian doctors. In other countries, prefer a more capacious description of the disease of the intestine: SIBO - excess bacterial growth syndrome.
Dysbacteriosis is especially dangerous for newborns - up to a year. The body of infants is weak and unable to resist staphylococcus and other microbes.
Symptoms accompanying dysbiosis:
- stomach pain;
- increased gas formation;
- upset stool.
The main stages of the disease and the causes of development
To begin treating a disease, it is necessary to determine the degree of its development. Conventionally, intestinal dysbiosis is divided into 4 stages:
- 1st - the number of good bacteria decreases slightly. Usually at this stage the symptoms of the disease do not appear.
- 2nd stage. Bifidobacteria and lactobacilli are reduced to a critical mark. The number of harmful bacteria is growing rapidly. A person is tormented by pain in the gastrointestinal cavity, bloating, diarrhea.
- At the 3rd stage, the activity of pathogens is observed. Often dysbacteriosis of the 3rd stage, supported by chronic diarrhea, inflammation of the intestinal walls, is the symptoms of another disease. In newborns, the disease may be due to a developmental delay.
- 4th. In the intestinal cavity, almost completely replacing the useful microflora, pathogenic bacteria and fungi prevail. Thus, the body can react to general exhaustion, lack of vitamins, anemia.
In what cases dysbacteriosis develops:
- due to acute intestinal infection.
- in chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- in case of immunodeficiency.
- as a result of prolonged use of antibiotics.
Also, the disease can begin due to malnutrition and alcohol abuse.
Ways to get rid of dysbiosis?
Immediately it is worth noting that treatment is a long process. To speed it up, it is important to strictly adhere to the recommendations of the therapist.
However, this is not enough. It is important for the doctor to figure out what exactly led to the disruption of the bowels. Depending on the reasons clarified in the course of additional studies, the patient is prescribed individual treatment.
The basis of therapy are drugs of three categories:
- Probiotics- drugs made from live lactic acid bacteria. With their help, the colon is colonized with healthy microflora.
- Prebiotics- this group includes drugs whose composition will help create an atmosphere favorable for the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the intestine.
- Antibiotics. Their use is undesirable. In some cases, doctors prescribe antibiotic treatment. These drugs are designed to eliminate the pathogenic flora. The period of taking antibiotics stretches for a month and a half.
The most frequently prescribed drugs by therapists include Linex, Hilak Forte, Acipol, Baktisubtil.
Self-treatment - buying popular drugs in a pharmacy or using folk remedies - it is advisable not to engage. Especially when it comes to the health of a newborn baby. Treatment of children should be carried out exclusively under the supervision of a specialist.
Treatment of bowel disorders in children
Since this topic is extremely important, we will try to open it separately.
Mother's milk is the best medicine that nature gave to maintain balance in the intestines of the baby. With artificial feeding, the baby loses such protection. Not having gotten the necessary amount of useful bacteria from the milk of a woman, the intestines of a newborn are populated with pathogens.
The second reason for developing infant dysbiosis is antibiotics.If for adults treatment through them is considerable stress, for newborns it is a huge risk. And it also occurs in the case when the mother is treated with these drugs.
Symptoms of dysbiosis in the newborn:
- colic in the stomach, bloating, flatulence;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- greenish color feces, peculiar smell, mucous structure;
- disrupted appetite of newborns;
- frequent regurgitation, vomiting;
- often due to dysbiosis in children diathesis develops;
- babies have whims, poor sleep, etc.
If a fungus or staphylococcus is found in a newborn, the appropriate medication is prescribed. It is also important to strengthen the immunity of infants.
Folk means of dealing with the disease
Treatment of dysbiosis folk remedies is permissible with minor inflammation. It should be supported by consultation with the doctor and complex therapy. Among the main recipes of folk remedies emit:
- Curd whey.Kefir, placed in hot water, is divided into cottage cheese and whey. She effectively treats dysbacteriosis.
- Garlic yogurt. In boiled milk crust from black bread is infused. At the end of the day, add new crackers, grated with garlic.
- Herbal treatments. Often dysbacteriosis, including in children under one year old, is treated with herbal infusion. To do this, a mixture of St. John's wort, chamomile, plantain, peppermint, seeds and herbs of the agonies is filled with 0.5 liters of boiling water. Good help is also potentilla.
- Enema on kefir. An example of the treatment of dysbiosis newborns folk remedies. 80 g of kefir, passed bacteriological test, heated in a water bath and injected overnight baby.
Regarding the latter - babies up to a year - the importance of breastfeeding should be emphasized. If antibiotics are taken, it is necessary to connect bacterial preparations.