How to make a topiary of coffee beans?
What is needed for needlework?
Any master class includes the creation of the base-crown, trunk and decoration. To make a tree of happiness from coffee with your own hands, you need the following set:
- 100-250 gr. coffee beans;
- small capacity (flower pot, plastic or glass cup, cup);
- a ball of foam, plastic or newspaper to create it;
- black or brown thread and twine;
- wooden branch, skewers or wire;
- super glue or glue gun;
- packing cotton pads;
- brown paint;
How to make a crown?
Like any other workshop on the creation of decorative trees, this begins with the preparation of the base - the crown.Depending on what size and shape of the coffee topiary you would like to receive, we offer three possible options for its production.
- Crown round shape can be made of plastic or foam ball, which can be purchased at florist stores. It is also quite possible to do it yourself from the newspaper. To do this, you need one or more newspapers, which will need to be crumpled to the required size and wrapped in threads.Then smear with glue and leave to dry. In the end, it will look like in the photo.
- If you are planning to make a coffee topiary with a figured flat crown, the master class begins with the formation of a cardboard blank. For example, if you want to make a tree of well-being from coffee beans in the form of a heart or a flower, as in the following photo, you need to cut the desired size of the figure. It will become the base for fixing the stem and coffee beans.
- A master class on making volumetric hearts begins, like the previous one. However, in this case, you will need not only cardboard, but also cotton pads. Initially, you will need to cut a heart out of cardboard, after which it will put disks of cotton wool on it. Their number depends on the volume that you would like to see in the finished product.In general, there should be a base similar to that shown in the photo.
Further manufacturing process of topiary
Having prepared the necessary foundation that will become the crown of the decorative tree of happiness, you can continue the process. And at this stage the master class will tell you how and from what to make the trunk of the future product. And also how it can be attached based on the materials at hand.
If your coffee beans topiary has a trunk from a branch, then it must be dried in advance and cleaned of bark. Then, if desired, paint, varnish or wrap with satin ribbon or twine. The same can be done with skewers, wooden sticks.
If you want the topiary of coffee beans to look more impressive, use wire. It is desirable that it was large enough in diameter and at the same time easily bent. This will allow you to set any curly shape with your own hands.
A master class with the manufacture of a well-being ornamental tree with a base from a newspaper ball provides for more labor-intensive work. To begin with, the surface of the blank is fully coated with glue and we are waiting for it to dry. Then we make a hole in which a tree trunk will be placed, and pour glue (PVA) into it. After inserting a twig or skewers into the hole, leave the blank again until it is completely dry. Wire to a similar basis also will attach tape.
Finished blanks in the form of a crown with a barrel will need to be installed in a container prepared in advance (cup, cup, flower pot) and filled with gypsum solution. Although this material freezes quite quickly, it is advisable to hold the base for a while. So you are guaranteed to get the perfect product with a smooth barrel.
The final stage of manufacturing topiariya
In the future, a master class on making wood of happiness from coffee beans tells how to decorate a product.We start with the fact that we paint the base. The crown itself, on which we will glue the coffee beans, is preferably treated with brown paint. Applying this option can save material. In particular, you do not have to buy a large amount of coffee beans to glue them in two layers. Due to the dark paint, there will be no gaps, and the coffee topiary will be unusually beautiful.
Now we begin to paste over the tree of well-being with coffee beans. For these purposes, you can use super glue or glue gun. Choosing the latter method, you need to purchase black silicone sticks in advance. Thus, the connecting material will not be noticeable, and the attractive appearance of the product will remain. In the end, the simplest coffee topiary can get such a look, as in the photo.
Happiness tree trunk can be painted, decorated with satin ribbon or twine. By the way, the latter option is considered more harmonious and is combined with the general theme of the product. However, if you do your own topiary of coffee beans with a curly-shaped barrel, better decorate it beforehand.For convenience, it is recommended to wrap it with twine before connecting to the crown.
Regarding capacity, it can also be painted. This option is suitable if a cup or cup is used as a container. However, many prefer to more effectively draw capacity. For example, you can glue them with fibers from a whitewash brush, skewers, or wrap them in a piece of sackcloth.
How to make a "flying cup"?
This master class is held to teach needlewomen the technique of making soaring cups of coffee beans. This crafts, as well as topiary, will amaze with originality and can be a wonderful gift for any celebration.In this case, it is made quite simple, and a set for needlework will need almost the same.
In order to do a “flying cup” of coffee beans with your own hands at home, the following items will be useful:
- 200 gr. coffee beans;
- cup with saucer;
- polyurethane foam;
- super glue or glue gun;
As well as a master class on making a tree of well-being, this one begins with the execution of a blank. To do this, take a few pieces of wire of the same length and wrap them tightly with string. For reliable fixation, you can use a glue gun. When the base is ready, it must be bent in the shape of the letter S.
In the end, paste over all the coffee beans, decorate, and an unusual cup is ready.