How to choose office equipment?
Office equipment can significantly simplify and automate the workflow, increasing its efficiency, so its choice should be approached as responsibly as possible. Then we tried to cover the main elements of office equipment and to tell which types of them are best suited for the office.
Choosing a suitable office scanner
The scanner is one of the most indispensable devices among office equipment. Today, there are several types of scanners, the most popular among which are tablet and broaching.
- A universal choice will be a flatbed or desktop scanner, which scans documents fixed in a fixed form on a glass substrate with a light beam. Such scanners are very easy to use, and among them you can always find the best option in terms of price and quality. And residents of Ukraine will be the most profitable, through a proven online store.
- A long scanner performs a scan of the type of printer, pulling through a sheet of paper.Due to the nature of the device, such a scanner will not allow you to scan, for example, book spreads, but only individual sheets, but if you have an auto-feeding function, you can independently process the stack of sheets embedded in it and scan the required volume of documents faster than anyone.
There are 2 types of sensor scanners: CCD and CIS. The first type allows you to scan images with good color reproduction and depth of field, but these scanners have a larger volume, weight, and are more expensive. The second type of sensor cannot boast the same quality of documents, but it is more compact and affordable.
Even when choosing a scanner, you should take into account the size of the paper that it supports scanning (A4, A3 is suitable for the office), and also whether it has USB power and is compatible with your operating system. The best models of scanners today are offered by such brands of office equipment as Canon, Epson and HP.
Printer - inkjet, laser or matrix?
An equally important element of office equipment is a printer. Which one of them will most quickly and efficiently handle a large volume of office printing depends on its type.
- The most durable, inexpensive and easy to use are dot matrix printers that print the image with the help of needles in the head of the device. The print quality of such printers, however, is not the best, and besides, they make a lot of noise when working.
- The inkjet printer works on the ink nozzles, which is quiet and has a high print quality. That's just to do this printing will be quite expensive, as it requires frequent replacement of ink.
- And the most common version of office printers is laser devices, which will quickly and efficiently print out all the necessary documents to you, with low cost.
How to choose a good copier
To reproduce any document, you can scan it and then print it, but you don’t need to spend extra time in the office if you can purchase a copier: a sheet from which to make a copy is directly put into it, it is scanned and printed.
Choose the right copier for your office, taking into account the average number of documents you need to copy and at what speed.
Does the office need a fax?
Despite the fact that for the transmission of text and graphic information is now increasingly using e-mail, fax machines are still an attribute of many offices and allow you to quickly transmit information.
- If you need a cheap machine, choose a fax on thermal paper. Such paper is inexpensive, but deteriorates over time, and the image quality is rather low.
- A fax on a thermal film is already more expensive, but the image quality is better, and copies do not deteriorate. Printing is done on plain paper using thermal transfer from the film.
- The highest quality results are provided by laser fax machines that print documents using toner cartridges. It can print about 15 sheets per minute, but it is quite expensive.
Multifunction device - 4 in 1
A multifunctional device, or an MFP, combining the functions of a scanner, a printer, a copier, and sometimes a fax — all at a price much cheaper than buying all these devices separately will be a profitable acquisition for the office. One of the largest online stores of MOYO equipment in Ukraine offers a wide range of multifunctional devices.
The main thing to consider when choosing an MFP for an office is the average monthly amount of work that you will need to do with it. Depends on this, what kind of power it is better for you to purchase the MFP, with what resources of the cartridge and the drum, and whether you need the network scanning function.
It should also be noted that if the MFP fails, you will lose the opportunity to work with several devices at once, so it’s better not to save money on the reliability and quality of office equipment.