Dudinka - a city built on permafrost
Photos and text of Marina Lystseva
Dudinka is located beyond the Arctic Circle in the forest-tundra zone. This is a modern city with a developed infrastructure, all of the objects of which - schools, hospitals, kindergartens, residential buildings - are erected on the permafrost.
2. The municipality “Dudinka City” consists of a city and five villages: Volochanka (400 km), Levinsky Sands (12 km), Potapovo (80 km), Ust-Avam (330 km), Khantaiskoye Lake (280 km).
3. Distance to Krasnoyarsk - 1 999 km, to Moscow - 2 811 km.
4. In 2017, Dudinka celebrated its 350th anniversary.
5. The first mention of the “Yasash winter cabin Dudino” refers to 1667.
6. December 10, 1930 becomes the administrative and cultural center of the Taimyr (Dolgan-Nenets) National District of Dudinka. On March 5, 1951, the village of Dudinka was transformed into a city of district subordination.
7. The city has a sports complex, a swimming pool, an ice arena, a cinema and a dresser with a digital cinema, a youth sports school and an art school - all sports sections and creative activities for children are free.
eight.Also there are two centers of folk art, ethnoparks under the open sky "Taimyr Maw", "Taimyr Oikumen".
9. In the city there are 9 general educational institutions in which 3,222 pupils are studying, as well as 7 pre-school educational institutions in which there are 1,594 children. One secondary specialized educational institution is the Taimyr College, where 575 students study, and the institution of higher education is the Taimyr Branch of the Leningrad State University. Pushkin. There are 8 public libraries with 182,700 books in the city and villages.
11. The housing stock of the city is 128 houses, the total area of the municipal housing stock is 74,000 sq.m.
12. The length of the road network - 29.4 km.
13. On the square "the city of Dudinka", constituting 223,900 square meters. km, 22,600 people live, including representatives of five ethnic groups - Dolgan, Nenets, Nganasan, Enets and Evenk 3489 people, of whom in the villages of the municipality - 1525.
14. The population employed in the economy is 13,950 people, the average wage is 71,800 rubles, the subsistence minimum is 18,186 rubles. The number of officially registered unemployed at the end of 2017 is 115 people.
15.The climate is characterized by a long cold winter: in the Dudinka region, it is 235 days.
16. The average temperature of July is +12, January: -28C. The absolute minimum is -57. The duration of the polar night is 45 days, the polar day is 68 days.
17. Port of Dudinka is one of the largest sea and river ports on the Yenisei, in the year-round navigation mode it handles about two million tons of cargo.
The port is located on the right bank of the Yenisei River at its confluence with the Dudinka River, 100 km from the city of Norilsk and 220 nautical miles from the place where the Yenisei flows into the Kara Sea.
In 2017, the Dudinsky Sea Port celebrated its 80th anniversary.
18. The port is a unique hydraulic structure - it is the only port in the world where moorings are flooded during the spring flood, and each year before the flood there is a complete evacuation of portal cranes and the dismantling of all engineering structures. After the ice drift and the fall of the water, restoration work is performed, and the cranes return to the regular berths.
19. In 2007, in the course of the restructuring carried out in the Polar Division of Norilsk Nickel, the Polar Transport Branch (ZTF) was created - the successor of the Dudinsky Sea Port,processing 95% of all incoming goods to the Company, consumers of Norilsk and the Taimyr district, shipment of finished products of the enterprises of the Polar Division of Norilsk Nickel to ships to various ports of Russia and the world.
20. The history of the port is inextricably linked with the start of construction in July 1935 of the Norilsk Mining and Metallurgical Combine. Due to the remoteness of Norilsk from the main waterway - the Yenisei River, the absence of other types of communications and harsh climatic conditions - the port of Dudinka was of exceptional importance. Dudinka became a place of transshipment of goods destined for Norilsk - building materials, equipment, products and goods for the population, as well as coal and finished products supplied from Norilsk.
21. In 1982, the port received the status of “Dudinsky Sea Port”; in 2012, a permanent cargo and passenger checkpoint through the Russian state border was officially opened here. In 1987, the highest cargo turnover at the Dudinsky port was reached - 7.025 million tons; in the 2000s, it stabilized at around 4 million tons, most of which is accounted for by the Norilsk Nickel company.
22According to the equipment and equipment, the Dudinsky port has 30 moorings for general use, 8 of them can take ships with a draft of up to 10 meters. ZTF processes cargo arriving year-round along the Northern Sea Route.
23. Since 2001, import lifting mechanisms have begun to arrive at the ZTF. During this time, the port received a total of 11 mobile cranes and five - gantry production company Liebherr.
24. Dudinsky port has its own fleet, which consists of 11 vessels: sea and river tugs, with a capacity of 250 to 2800 lu, icebreaker, pilot boat, bilge collector, bunker tanker.
The Company's navy consists of six ice-class vessels: five dry cargo ships and a tanker. This is enough to ensure year-round movement of all materials on the sea direction.
25. Every year, from October 20 to May 15, the port operates in the mode of winter (arctic) navigation. The Norilsk Nickel's own ships pass the Northern Sea Route without icebreaker assistance. Ice works during porting to the berths are carried out by port icebreakers. On the Zapolyarny dry cargo ship, we are still going on a tour, but for now let's continue around the city.
26We visited the Taimyr Museum of Local Lore, one of the largest in the Krasnoyarsk Territory.
27. Zhenya's unique mammoth skeleton was found in 2012, three kilometers from the Sopochnaya Karga weather station in the Taimyr tundra. It was established that it is an individual male, who died at the age of 15 - 16 years. He was discovered by a teenager, Yevgeny Salinder, by whose name the find was named. In the spring of 2013, the remains of the mammoth Zhenya were taken from Taimyr to St. Petersburg for study and preservation, and after 3 years, Zhenya returned home.
28. An 11-year-old boy, who discovered the rarest find on the seashore on Taimyr, said that a specific smell had led him to the burial site. The carcass is so well preserved due to the fact that it lay in a marshland without open access of oxygen. But the left side was more rotten. Locals unearthed the carcass very carefully, did not hurt anything. On the photo is a model of Zhenya in the position in which he was found. The skeleton above is real.
29. The uniqueness of the find lies in the fact that after 30 thousand years the bones, the remains of fat, skin and even the internal organs are preserved on the bones. Guess from three times that behind the glass?
30. VALERY DARI NOVOSIBIRSK - just the name of the store.
32.One of the symbols of Dudinka - crane, decorated with a giraffe, stands in the port.
34. Next to the giraffe all are photographed.
35. Such it is, a city built on permafrost.